Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The injured 'Little Banana'

Remember your first crash on your bike???Well,I do.Certainly it had been long since my first crash but just recently,I got the little memories came back to me when i ride my 'Little Banana' into a big poth hole.Me,after all the rolling scene on the ground,came unscratched but my lovely fragile 'Little Banana' isn't that lucky.:(  Somehow,I found it suffered from some kinda minor injuries as the RD hanger bent into the frame and caused 'ghost shifting'.

Note the silver thing that connects the frame and the gearing.That's the hanger.

To save up the fuzz of getting my hands from dirty,I embraced myself and my wallet and brought it to my LBS and get it sorted.

For that,it turned out that my RD hanger and my RD have to be changed because of the mis-aligned screwing pattern.Injuries caused by it,RM180 for the x-7 RD and Rm40 for the RD hanger.Ouch!!

Here's the pictures I managed to capture during my wallet bleed.

In the middle of disassembling...

The new RD hanger,bling bling.It's kinda lucky to get 1 fitted as there're millions of pattern out there and I striked jackpot!!

Before this,my RD out from the factory..

My new RD.Still the same model but it's silver this time.

Ok,that's about it,my RM220 into the river.

No comments: